Download a PDF
Creative director, art director and idea generator with 8+ years of experience in functional marketing, brand identity management and the creation and production of targeted campaigns and collateral.
Higher education and corporate experience / Extensive customer service experience working closely with clients and marketing teams / Ability to manage priorities within a demanding time-frame / Advanced communication and negotiation skills / Detail-orientated with focus on strategic initiatives / Comprehensive understanding of budgeting and financial management / Fine art and illustration skills / Proficient in a suite of design software / Fluent in Italian and Spanish
Purdue Marketing and Media, Assistant Director, West Lafayette, IN 2012-present
Collaborate with the President’s Office on initiatives that promote brand awareness and communicate the strategic goals of one of the nation’s top research institutions as well as provide strategic branding and marketing collateral for the various colleges, schools and partners in higher education.
- Lead a team to optimize creative output under tight deadlines and budgets in a fast-paced environment.
- Conduct client presentations and university-wide branding workshops.
- Work with senior leadership on marketing team organizational charts and process workflow.
- Serve on leadership team to transition staff through organizational changes and departmental relocation.
- Manage production and work closely with production team to ensure projects are delivered on time and at the highest possible quality.
- Mentor teams to further develop their skills and motivate them to grow professionally.
- Resolve client management issues and relations to maintain positive working relationships and promote a productive work environment.
As Assistant Director, I also maintain a full workload of print and digital-design and brand projects, as well as, provide leadership and creative direction to a cross-functional marketing team of Graphic Designers, Writers, Marketing Strategists, Photographers, Videographers and Web developers.
Purdue University – College of Liberal Arts, Professor of Art and Design 2013-14
Educated sophomores in the Visual Communication Design program the fundamentals of art and design along with how to rapidly concept and bring ideas to life using the latest design software.
Esposito Creative, Founder, Creative Director, Graphic Designer 2006-Present
Develop client-centered creative marketing solutions based on strategic goals, budgets and brand.
- Create useful, mobile-friendly websites for small businesses.
- Produce and art direct photo and video projects for a variety of clients.
- Manage all business aspects of projects from intake to invoicing.
- Supervise a select team of creative freelancers as needed.
Clients Include: Robbie Hummel (NBA, Minnesota Timberwolves), JaJauan Johnson (NBA, Boston Celtics), Josh Lindblom (MLB, Los Angeles Dodgers), Levi Riggs (Top 40 Country Music Artist), U.S. Marketing, Olive Harvey College Chicago, A+ Media and more.
Purdue Marketing and Media, Senior Graphic Designer, West Lafayette, IN 2007-2012
Developed a large number of marketing materials that reached prospective students, alumni & donors and university partners. Projects included online and digital alumni magazines, print & web ads, brand guidelines, tradeshow and event graphics, websites and more – all while adhering to brand visual and voice standards and executing the goals established by Purdue’s strategic plan as set forth by the President’s Office.
- Played a critical role in developing creative and strategic direction for a new university-wide branding campaign with global visibility.
- Responsible for the redesign, art direction, layout and management of three university magazines, including
- Impact Magazine for the College of Engineering, which reaches 70,000+ alumni, faculty, and staff.
Adrenaline Visuals, Cofounder, Art Director, West Lafayette, IN 2011-2013
Partnered with Andrew Hancock Photography, to develop strategic communications across photography, videography and graphic design. Managed a select team of creatives to build brands and various marketing collateral for business and higher education.
Clients Include: The Josh Lindblom Foundation, JaJuan Johnson (NBA, Boston Celtics), TrackMagazine, Sports Illustrated, Purdue and more.
Illinois State Tollway, Graphic Designer, Downers Grove, IL 2007
Collaborated with the Marketing and Communications Department to successfully carry out various marketing campaigns, print advertisements and signage for million and billion dollar construction projects.
- Brought a creative and strategic approach to the department’s outdated messaging that highlighted the benefits of IPASS, Open Road Tolling and various construction projects.
- Developed signage for Tollway Oasis buildings in addition to roadside messaging.
- Created a campaign to highlight the benefits of IPASS and Open Road Tolling.
- Built a photo gallery for department-wide use that streamlined the way marketing materials were used.
Columbia College Chicago, Chicago, IL / Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design, 2003-06
Silver Addy – Preparing Tomorrow’s Leaders ad campaign
Gold CASE award – Excellence in Print Advertising – Preparing Tomorrow’s Leaders ad campaign
Silver CASE award – Most Improved Alumni/Institution Magazine – Insights magazine for the College of Science
Gold Addy (local) – Insights Magazine
Silver Addy (district) – Insights Magazine
Silver Addy – 5 Students Who website
Silver Addy – Maker Campaign
Silver Addy – Neil Armstrong Integral Marketing Campaign
Communicator Awards – 5 Students Who Website
Communicator Awards – Neil Armstrong Campaign
Communicator Awards – David Boudia Exhilaration Maker ad
Gold American Advertising Award – Impact Magazine
Silver American Advertising Award – Purdue Moves Marketing Collateral